If you use Microsoft Word or Google Docs for office work, you already know great tools. But if you are a beginner in using these tools, it’s common to have many questions on how they can be used in different situations.
For example, many people ask how to select non-adjacent texts in WORD? Or how to select multiple paragraphs that are not continuous?
These questions mean how to select certain text portions simultaneously and consecutively without loosing the previously selected texts. So, do you want to know how to do this?
We have given the instructions in the below discussion. See them and get your query answered.
Steps of Selecting Non-Adjacent Texts in Microsoft Word
You can follow the below steps to successfully select non-adjacent or non-continuous texts in Microsoft Word or any other text file or web page.
You May Also Like: Does Windows 10 Come With Word?
- Step 1: Open the Microsoft Word document that you would like to select the text from.
- Step 2: Press CTRL on the keyboard, left-click on the text you want to select and drag it to the right side. And will select a certain portion of the text.
- Step 3: Now, release the CTRL button from the keyboard. Scroll down to another paragraph of text that you want to select.
- Step 4: Press CTRL on the keyboard again and select your desired text with the mouse’s left-click and right-drag movement, just like step 2.
- Step 5: At last, you should be able to see that you have selected multiple texts from different paragraphs at a time. To select as many portions of text you want, repeat this as many times as you want.
You have to be cautious and keep a few things in mind while selecting your texts from several portions of a paragraph. Unless you are careful, you can accidentally select unselected text.
- While you have selected a certain portion of a paragraph by pressing the CTRL key, don’t close the Microsoft Word window. If you close the window, unselect your selected text, and you’ll have to select them from the beginning again.
- If you have selected a few texts with the CTRL key, don’t select any text without tapping the CTRL key. Selecting other texts without tapping the CTRL key will unselect all the paragraphs that you have selected before with the CTRL key pressed.