If you own an Android device, you likely have to use an SD card to expand your phone’s storage.
You’ll see your Android using the SD card as an external storage device most of the time. Because of this, most of the data that the apps save gets saved on the internal storage instead of the SD card. As a result, your internal storage runs out pretty fast!
So, do you want to know how to make SD card default storage on Android? Yes, you have come to the right place. We brought you just the solution that works with 100% certainty. So without any further ado, let’s get on to the solution!!
How To Make SD Card Default Storage On Android?
You’ll have to follow the below steps precisely to use your SD card as the default storage in your Android phone. You should know that you wiped out all the data from your SD card completely in this process.
For the Android system to use your SD card as the default storage, It has to wipe your SD card clean and start using it anew as its internal storage. After sitting your SD card as the default storage, you will save your app data, pictures, and media files on the SD card instead of your phone’s internal storage.
So, before following the steps below, please take a backup of your SD card by copying it to your computer or hard disk.
- Step 1: Open the app drawer of your Android phone.
- Step 2: Enter the SETTINGS app.
- Step 3: Scroll down to the option STORAGE. Now, could you enter it?
- Step 4: Here, you’ll see your phone’s storage capacity (both internal storage and SD card storage). Now, tap on your SD card name (shown in the picture).
- Step 5: In the upper right corner of your phone’s screen, You’ll have a 3 DOT ICON. Tap on it(shown in the picture).
- Step 6: Now, tap on the STORAGE SETTINGS option(shown in the picture).
- Step 7: In this step, tap on the FORMAT AS INTERNAL option.
- Step 8: Upon completing step 7, your android phone will give you a prompt with the text “FORMAT SD CARD?”.
- Step 9: Now, tap on the FORMAT SD CARD option. After that, you should see your SD card formatted and getting prepared to be used as internal storage for your Android phone.