How to sue a doctor for pain and suffering?

In order to sue a doctor for pain and suffering, you need to show how the fault of the doctor caused your damages. It’s not enough just to say “my injury/pain is affecting my life.”

For instance, if your injury or pain makes it impossible for you to earn any income, or reduces your ability to work in life-sustaining activities (such as child care), then that would constitute pain and suffering due to impairment. If the emotional impact of your injury means you’re unable to participate in major events (think kids’ soccer games) because of patients with impaired mobility, then there are different types of pain and suffering that could be claimed.

Leave a Comment